By Pujanee Galappaththi
Sri Lanka’s only festival platform for the contemporary arts and interdisciplinary dialogue, COLOMBOSCOPE hosted its 2019 edition themed ‘Sea Change’ from 25-31 January.
Sessions by esteemed artists such as Abdul Halik Azeez, Mika Tennekoon, Yanik Tissera, and Sissel Tolaas were conducted in three key locations; Rio Complex, Barefoot Gallery and B52- Grand Oriental Hotel.
Unlike the previous initiatives, this year’s festival was led by an independent organisation-Festival Works in collaboration with its founding partners EUNIC Sri Lanka (Goethe-Institut, British Council, and Alliance Francaise de Kotte).
The highlights of the ‘Sea Change’ Festival this year are as follows:
· Ancient relics
· Exhibition of the beauties of Lanka
· Laced 2019 by Anoli Perera
· Lanka Hand Stitching on textile by Francis
· Mixed Media on Wood panel by Prasad
· Paper Salis Children’s workshop by Ann
· Phantom of Blackwater, 2019 by Jack Berg
· Poolside artist talks
· Poolside talks gang
· Small, yet majestic; like the country itself
· Taste Karaththe, 2019, Mixed media Dimensions variable by Firi Rahman
· The marvellous dimensions of pools of salt water by Anoli
Photos: Krishan Kariyawasam