By Venessa Anthony
Fitcrib 360 is a new initiative for all fitness enthusiasts out there. Managed by Chamupathi Siriwardane and Chandula Liyanage, they offer programmes based on nutritional fitness.
Siriwardane spoke to The Morning Brunch on the concept behind Fitcrib 360: “Nutritional fitness is a relatively new concept in Sri Lanka. In schools, a lot of students do sports but they are not in the physical condition to do these sports, so we wanted to bridge that gap and provide all the physical conditioning and strength so they can carry on with the sport properly.”
Many people are suffering from chronic diseases such as diabetes, cancer, and various others; it’s very important to stay in good physical condition to help your body cope with these conditions. Fitcrib 360 offers programmes catered specifically for this clientele so they may go on with their life with ease. “This is what inspired our company. We launched in June this year, and have been doing well since.”
He added that one doesn’t have to have a disease to be physically active. “if you’re a workaholic, and you need to escape the stress, being physically active helps a lot. It also helps avoid contracting illnesses in the long run.”
He talked about how being active isn’t a chore, but more about letting go and having fun. “When you join our sessions, you can engage with many interesting people and expand your network while staying healthy.”
Staying fit and healthy isn’t just about exercise; a proper diet plays a huge role too. Siriwardane talked about the importance of watching what you eat: “There are several illnesses that can happen due to poor food consumption patterns and bad lifestyle choices. I think the general public should be aware of these and work towards a better lifestyle.”
He added: “If your body is getting a 35% work out, then the remaining 65% needs to be focused on diet. It doesn’t matter how much you work out or train, if you’re not maintaining a proper diet, all that hard work is in vain.” He mentioned that if one wants to build muscle, and does not keep to a certain amount of calorie intake, no progress will be seen. Fitcrib 360 calculates the calorie level you have to maintain and provides you with a routine to stick to. They have registered dieticians working with them to guarantee results for their clients.
Siriwardane gave us a few tips that you can adopt at home, in order to stay fit and healthy: “It is recommended that you walk with low to moderate intensity for 150 minutes a week, or do a 75-minute vigorous-intensity work out a week.” He advised everyone to get out of their house and walk around while calculating their steps, and added that 7,000-10,000 steps per day would be ideal.
Clients from all age groups can take part at Fitcrib 360. “We can cater to anyone, even if they come for general fitness.” He added: “We have two aspects to our training – general fitness and outdoor fitness, and the second is where we work with specific clients.”
They also work closely with athletes to develop their sport and their physical condition which is required for them to excel in their sport of choice.
Fitcrib is currently hosting physical classes as well as online classes. Siriwardane told us that they abide by all government regulations, and masks are essential during training. They also maintain a one-metre distance when coaching, so their customers’ safety is promised.
They conduct sessions on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. The three days are divided into endurance training on Tuesdays, strength and condition on Thursdays, and Saturday is a little break from the strenuous exercise where they do some fun activities and concentrate on ability.
Their personal trainers are well equipped with the knowledge and the experience to craft the best workout and meal plans. Get in touch with them if you need help with gaining muscle, fat loss, or simply staying fit and healthy.